Monday, October 8, 2012

Everybody's Workin' for the Weekend....

Hey y'all! Just wanted to check in and let you know that I am loving my new job. LOVING it. For real. Let me tell you why: 1. There are babies. I am working with 2 centers and 39 kids all under the age of 3. I can go sit in the baby room, hold and rock babies until my heart's content, then, if they start spewing and pooping, I say, "Oh, I've got some paperwork to do." And I leave. 2. I have my own office with a window and a bathroom. After a job where my office was my vehicle, this is like the holy grail. 3. I'm working in the cutest little town with little shops and restaurants just waiting to fill my lunch hour. 4. The people are precious. 5. I feel like a difference is really being made in these little people's lives. And that is important to me.

So, while I am loving my new job, I am also loving the weekends! The weekend before last we had the opportunity to go out of town for a wedding. Not just any wedding, but the wedding of our ring bearer from OUR wedding. How old are we? Old. We dropped the kids off with T and Josh and I had 2 kid free nights. The groom's parents had offered to get us a hotel room or to let us stay in their friend's camper. I couldn't pass up the camper. That's pretty much a bucket list thing for me. I wasn't exactly sure what this camper was going to look like, but we were pleasantly surprised.
Our home away from home. :)


We so enjoyed spending time with the wedding party and family. My favorite member of the wedding party was the ring bearer. He is 4. His parents actually own the camper we stayed in and he came over to give us a tour. Josh left to head back to the main house and asked if he wanted to go wtih him. He said no, he wanted to hang out with me. :) I was getting ready for the wedding and he was getting bored. I kept asking him if he wanted to go back and he kept saying no, that he wanted to stay with me. Bless his soul. It's a lengthy process when I have to put my face on. But he was patient. And he asked for my phone number. I'm not usually in the habit of giving out my number to boys (okay, so maybe I can't even remember the last time a boy asked for my phone number), but he was just too cute. Josh understood. I think. :)

The place where the wedding and reception took place was gorgeous. Josh performed the wedding and it was a surreal moment watching our ring bearer repeat after him, "I do." Yes, maybe I teared up a little.
Josh and Ra- June 2001
Josh and Robert- September 2012



 After the wedding I got the preacher all to myself. Kind of. Actually I shared him with the phone as he checked the football score throughout the reception. I told Robert that he should feel VERY loved that Josh agreed to marry him at the exact same time as the FSU kick-off. We did get a chance to slow dance, but I had to laugh. By the time we got up to dance there was a bridesmaid dancing with a baby on her hip and then some cousins dancing with each other. How romantic. :)

We need more practice with these self-portraits  lol



It was just a special day and so much fun to be a part of. And Josh and I totally want a camper now.

This weekend was fun, too. Okay, I have to be honest. Friday night would probably not rank high on anybody's scale of fun. I won't lie, going back to work full-time has been an adjustment and I have been sooo tired. I didn't make it past 11:00 one night last week and anybody who knows me knows that is a big deal. Friday night was no different. I totally stayed up as late as I did because I had to wait on my laundry to come out of the dryer. For real. I actually fell asleep on the couch watching Dateline. Brought back memories of my Friday nights in high school before Josh came along. :)

Saturday I subbed at the dance studio. It was fun to be back in dance teacher mode for a few hours. It was also a good wake-up call that I really need to start exercising again. :)  That night my sister and her babies and my mom came over. My sister has started a photography business and she is fabulous! My brother and his girlfriend were going to meet her to have pictures made, but they were running a little late. We were not planning to have family pics done, because even though I have been dying for Jenny to do some, I did not feel like I had had the time to do proper pre-picture preparations like fixing my 3 week overdue highlights or buying matching clothes. (You all know that is a big deal to me.)  But, Jenny said we could find something we already had in our closets so we went searching for things that would match me, because I was so lazy I didn't even change. :)  We had the best time with those pictures even if my baby child was wearing a hand me down shirt with a stain. Jenny promised she could edit it out. I'm counting on her editing a lot!!!! We laughed a lot and she got some pics of kids falling and my niece and nephew were in the background of a few of them and I know those are the ones I will really treasure.

Later we ate bbq, boiled peanuts and watched the FSU game. She finished Philip and Kayleigh's pics and I got to look through all of them. I also got to play cars and puppies with my niece, Lyla and watch Luke have a big time with my kids. I just realized I don't have any pics from that. After having a pro take pics my phone camera just doesn't seem to cut it. :)  I didn't last long that night either. Again I fell asleep on the couch, so I found out the next day we lost. I told Josh I was sorry I couldn't be there for him. He told Eli he had to give him some bad news and Eli informed us he already knew. He had checked online.

Yesterday was a great day at church. One of our church members told Eli to tell his Daddy that he is a hero. I agree. And it makes my heart swell with all kinds of happy when other people realize how amazing he is.  By last night I had a sore throat and was feeling achy. I wasn't surprised. I did start work at a place with 39 kids who all seemed to have runny noses. My person training me had also gone home sick last week. And I had to go to the health department to get my physical. I told Josh I could've gone out and licked the sidewalk and it would have been the same germ count as what I've been exposed to. :) So, I stayed home from church last night and watched Hallmark movies and drank hot green tea.

Today, I am thankful that I look forward to my weekdays as much as the weekends!

1 comment:

III said...

Well this is so great to hear. Very happy for you guys.