Saturday, May 5, 2012

My Little Man

Eli, last night I said, "Goodnight to the six year old Eli!" And now, I am waiting for you to wake up so I can say, "Good morning to the 7 year old Eli!" And just like that, another year has passed.

Sometimes, I still think of you like this....

Or this.....

This too....


Even this...


But these days....you look like this....


You are a little man now. You ask to wear cologne. But you're still a boy. I often find myself out in public with you trying to figure out when the last time was you washed your neck during a bath. :)  You ask lots of other questions too. Questions I'll never be smart enough to answer. Thank goodness for Google! You are so bright and inquisitive. You are so motivated and a little bit of a perfectionist with your school work. You've made straight A's all year and without having to try very hard. You get that from your Daddy. Lucky you! :) You are thoughtful and sweet. Daddy has to remind you to really throw the ball at the 2nd baseman, because she's a girl and you're scared you will hurt her. You love Legos and video games and baseball. And pancakes. This year you lost your two front teeth and your new ones are growing in together perfectly. They make you look like a big boy, not a little boy. I'm trying to be okay with that and you make it easy because you still cuddle with me. One day you wouldn't hold my hand in the grocery store, but you gave me about 5 hugs during our shopping trip, so that made up for it. :)

We love you Eli Fidler! We love your hugs, and your laugh and your sweet smile. We love how hard you work and how much you care. We love how you love your sisters and we've loved watching you grow a little more independent this year. Mostly, we just love you! 

Happy Birthday Little Man! Let's eat some pancakes!

"Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go."

Joshua 1:7

No comments: